Barcelona is a university city with numerous business schools and research centers. A specific offer of accommodation is available for the student and researcher community:
University residences in Barcelona
Researcher Residence offers accommodation lecturers and researchers.
Resa Residencias: in collaboration with several universities, to offer accommodation for newcomers.
Àgora: an international residence in collaboration with several universities.
The Student Hotel: student residence with two locations in Barcelona.
Vila Universitària UAB: located in the UAB campus, it offers accommodation for over 2,000 people.
Halls of residence in Barcelona
Habitatge Jove.cat: information on halls of residence, residences and other types of accommodation for students.
Rental flats for students in Barcelona:
Resa Housing: university accommodation in furnished flats or rooms in Barcelona and Girona.
Apart Easy: rental apartments in Barcelona.
Habitatge Jove: flats and rooms for students.
Advice for students who wish to rent a flat
Make sure the flat you choose is in a location with good public-transport connections to your university . Read the lease and make sure you understand it.
- Make sure the flat you choose is in a location with good public-transport connections to your university .
- Read the lease and make sure you understand it.
- In the event of renting a flat with other students, you should all be prepared to pay the full guarantee bond, rent and utility bills; it will be a joint responsibility.
- Keep a copy of the lease, rules and regulations, inventory and other documents you consider important.
- Breakages and faults: you must inform the owner as soon as possible of any type of breakage or fault that may appear in any of the flat’s features, to resolve the problem quickly.
And, should you need help, you can visit there Barcelona University Centre (BCU), an official welcome and support service for university students, lecturers and researchers who come to Barcelona.