Brahmāstra: Part One – Shiva is a 2022 Indian Hindi-language fantasy adventure film written and directed by Ayan Mukerji. It is produced by Karan Johar, Apoorva Mehta, Namit Malhotra, and Mukerji – in his debut production – under the production companies Dharma Productions, Starlight Pictures, and Prime Focus in association with Star Studios, along with Ranbir Kapoor and Marijke DeSouza. It stars Amitabh Bachchan, Kapoor, Alia Bhatt, Mouni Roy, and Nagarjuna Akkineni. The film is intended to serve as the first instalment of a planned trilogy as part of its own cinematic universe titled Astraverse
Shiva, a DJ learns about his strange connection with the element of fire, and also holds the power to awaken the Brahmāstra, a supernatural weapon that is said to be able to destroy the universe, capable of destroying creation and vanquishing all beings. On the other hand, Junoon, the queen of dark forces is also on a quest to get hold of the Brahmāstra. How does Shiva thwart and vanquishes Junoon’s intentions, and also learning about Brahmāstra forms the crux of the plot.
- Amitabh Bachchan as Guru, the leader of the Brahmānsh, a secret society of sages who harness the Brahm-Shakti. He wields the Prabhāstra.
- Ranbir Kapoor as Shiva, a DJ who possesses the power of the Agnyāstra, the astra of the fire element
- Alia Bhatt as Isha, Shiva’s love interest
- Mouni Roy as Junoon, the Queen of Darkness
- Nagarjuna Akkineni as Anish, an artist and a member of the Brahmānsh, who wields the Nandi Astra
- Dimple Kapadia
- Saurav Gurjar
- Gurfateh Pirzada
- Shah Rukh Khan as Mohan, a scientist (cameo appearance)