Changes in the restrictive measures from 24 May onwards
The Generalitat de Catalunya has advanced the main changes that will relax the measures to contain COVID-19 as of 24 May:
Social gatherings will be extended to a maximum of ten people (measure pending validation by the High Court of Justice of Catalonia).
- Bars and restaurants will be able to open from 6:00 to 24:00, with a maximum of six people per table.
- Capacity will be increased from 30 % to 50 %.
- The capacity of cinemas, theatres, auditoriums, circuses, concert halls and museums will be increased from 50 % to 70 %.
- Concerts and musical performances may have a maximum capacity of 1,000 people indoors and 3,000 people outdoors.
- In universities, seating capacity will be increased from 30 % to 50 %.
- Groups of ten people will be allowed in leisure education and non-formal training.
- The maximum number of people attending sporting events will be increased to 1,000 people indoors and 3,000 outdoors.
- Resumption of face-to-face activity with 50% capacity and in well-ventilated spaces.
Congresses, conventions, and trade fair activities
- With a maximum capacity of 50% and without the express authorization of Procicat.
- 50% capacity will be maintained, but the maximum number of attendees will be increased to 1,000 people indoors and 3,000 outdoors.